- Location : Sei Suka Subdistrict, Batu Bara Regency
- Land : ± 3.400 Ha
- Status : - The port as its supporting facilities has been opened for operation (2019)
- Land acquisition (starts from 2019)
- Licensing process (2020)
- Kuala Tanjung Port is designated as an international hub for the western region of Indonesia in accordance with Indonesian Presidential Regulation No. 26/2012, and has been designated as a National Strategic Project.
- The Industrial Kuala Tanjung Estate has several advantages including strategic location, located in the Malacca Strait, has large enough land to accommodate huge-scale industries, access to a deep sea port that can serve the huge size vessels, and the use of basic infrastructure and facilities with together.
- As a gateway to Sumatra island, Kuala Tanjung will increase the region's economic by lowering logistics costs so that will get increasing efficiency.
- For development area is divided into 4 stages are:
1. Developing multipurpose station (2015 - 2019)
2. Developing industrial area (2015 - 2030)
3. Developing international hub (2030 - 2040)
4. Developing Kuala Tanjung as integrated urban area (2040 - 2050)
- For basic infrastructure development of industrial estate includes road networks, electrical installations, drainage channels and raw water and waste treatment plants were planned in 2021.
- So far, the main industries in the Kuala Tanjung Industrial Estate include palm oil, food products, beverages, tires / other rubber products, steel, aluminum, cement, vehicle spare parts and footwear.
Click here for further information Company Profile of Kuala Tanjung Industrial Area
Public Private Partnership (PPP)